Using Transparency to Your Advantage
They say that being open and honest is the best way to form a sturdy relationship because of the communication it develops between partners. If this is true, then why is it not practiced in all relationships – specifically in the business world for the development of solid working relationships? As a way to help you incorporate transparency into your real estate business, we’ve outlined the definition, benefits, and methods of integrating transparency.
What does transparency mean?
In the business world, being transparent means being authentic, real, and honest with your clients. Showing your clients and team members that you have a personality and are human will help you appear relatable – which will strengthen the trust in the relationship.
What are the benefits of applying transparency to my business?
Applying a more transparent approach to your business, in your relationships with both clients and team members, can help improve your business due to the perception of who you are as a person. Although many Realtors are outgoing in nature, it can often be difficult for a client to see you as more than your job title; due to the lack of personality in the way you communicate. This can be improved by the adding of a transparent outlook. The benefits are numerous, but here are our top three:
- Improved reputation – since you will likely appear more relatable.
- Trust – clients will see you as a person, not just a business person.
- Boost of clients – with an improved reputation, clients are more likely to recommend you.
How do I be more transparent?
Firstly, you should apply a transparent outlook to all aspects of your business; including your marketing technique. Since your brand represents you, it is important for it to be clear and communicate your values.
Once you’ve established a method that efficiently represents you, you need to develop your core skills:
- Honesty – be open and honest about what you know and don’t know.
- Be open-minded – having an opinion is important, but so it listening.
- Efficiency – stay on top of your business, online presence, and clients.
- Well-rounded – be involved, show that you have hobbies, a family, etc.
Once you’ve applied these skills, you now need to practice them.