If you’re looking for a way to generate more engagement on your social media channels, then video might be just what the doctor ordered! Videos are bound to capture people’s attention more than posts in general. It can also help that they give off an authentic vibe which resonates with everyone– clients included (especially those who want nothing but success). The simplest solution here? Be yourself and show them how much fun real estate life really is!
You are the only person who can relate to your brokerage. You have a personality that will make you stand out among other brokers, so use this knowledge when designing content for yourself or others! You’re never marketing your properties, you’re marketing yourself. Your clients won’t relate you to your brokerage, but rather zoom in on what your personality is to see you’ll be a good fit.
Let’s get started by talking about the types of videos you should create for your clients. Your first step is to identify what they want from their video experience and then work backwards from there!
It’s important not only to understand your prospects, but also to create content that is relevant to them—something which will really resonate with them. For example, testimonials speak directly to their needs/desires on an emotional level (which seems increasingly more relevant in today’ social media age).
A few areas you can explore are:
- A day in my life
- What I do for fun
- Video testimonials
With videos like these, you can create relatable content for your clients and give them insights into what it would be like working with you. You can show your caring and fun side with family videos and your relatable side with daily tasks, a day in the life videos.
You can also create a local video for your clients that will not only help them feel more at ease but it could generate leads and traffic.
- Explore hidden gems in the local area
- Highlight key features of the local area known to all
- You could incorporate festivals or events in the local area
- Restaurant videos are really popular and relatable, highlight your favourite and community favourite restaurants
Use the power of holiday videos to your advantage and create more engagement with clients! You can do a short video personally wishing them happy holidays or if you’re feeling up for it, show off some fun DIYs that will help make their day. If it’s a major holiday like Christmas or New Years, you might have a family tradition, or receive a bunch of gifts that you can reveal in front of your clients and prospects. Share those special moments to show your clients that they are important to you everyday, all year round.
Do you create videos of your listings? Differentiate your posts from your video posts when it comes to listings. Let your posts highlight the rooms, and beautiful pictures while you explore the neighbourhood and most interesting features of the house in the videos.
You are a real estate agent, so you should show off the happy clients and deposits! If someone sees what goes into making sales happen – all of those tedious hours spent on marketing or patiently waiting for call-backs from potential buyers–they’ll be more likely to buy their next property with you. The idea behind this is showing your clients the hard work you put into making a sale. This shows your dedication to both your work, and your clients.
There’s a wide spectrum of ideas for video content and we discussed quite a few. A few things you should keep in mind are:
- Never underestimate your abilities to make a fun video. It’s the little things that make a difference. For example, instead of saying “Merry Christmas from mine to yours” get the whole family to yell “Merry Christmas” on video to establish a stronger connection.
- Not all your videos have to be real estate related. You want to show clients that you have a life outside of work because that’s where they can relate to your experiences.
- Plan your videos, review them, edit them and ask yourself “Would I enjoy watching this?” Only if your answer is “Yes” should you post the video.